Performance

May 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Hello there,

I am using the Alpha controls to create a number of buttons on a form, but the performance is very poor.

On the form I have an AlphaPanel (Dock=Fill) at the bottom, an AlphaPictureBox (Dock=Fill) on top of the panel, and lastly 20 buttons on top of the AlphaPicturebox.

When I click a button (size 56x56) it takes about 500ms to a second for it to change the image to Active and back to non-active. When i click a much larger button (290x174) it takes 1-2 seconds for the button to draw two times.

I have tried to debug all the Alpha controls, but I cannot seem to locate any time consuming operations that can be optimized.

Is this a general performance issue due to the - in general very slow - Windows Mobile 5.0, or can your Alpha controls be optimized in any way?

Look forward to hearing any suggestions :o).

Best Regards
Mikkel

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I'm also looking for an answer to this. I'm running Windows Mobile 6.5 on a brand new Diamond2 and it's still a little slow... Does anyone know what can cause performance issues like this?

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM

I think that the problem lies beneath the AlphaMobileControls, in the OS itself - it seems to me that all Alpha rendering is extremely slow on Windows Mobile.